Business Finance Foundations. For Women in Non-financial roles
Become fluent in business finance so you can grow into your dream role, have more opportunities, be a strategic partner and decision-maker.
If finance feels a bit intimidating, yet you want to conquer it because you know you need to know it to advance and grow, you're in the right place.
Carol Dweck developed a wonderful concept - Growth Mindset. With the growth mindset you can learn anything with the right tools, the right methods, and your own efforts.
To master finance, you need 3 things:
1. Up your inner game: your desire to learn, clear inner obstacles, fears, and self-doubts.
2. Learn with a teaching method that makes it easy.
3. Practice in a supportive environment.
This program is designed with all three keys.
In this program you'll:
- Elevate your confidence in learning, understanding, and using business financials.
- Clear self-doubt about learning and mastering business finance.
- Discover and practice three fundamentals besides finance that you need to understand in order to speak the language of business finance: an organization's business model, supply chain, and value creation.
- Learn financial statements and financial metrics so you can be a strategic business partner to help your company succeed.
- Discover key business drivers for growth and profitability so you can assess what needs to improve and suggest solutions and ideas backed with financial impact.
- Learn and practice to speak, interpret and present financials with confidence
- Learn and practice to present your ideas with clarity, poise, and financial rationale
- Practice applying financial knowledge to specific projects and areas tailored to your role and interests. For example: budgeting, variance analysis, ROI of a project.
Program Approach to Make it Easy and Empower You to Succeed:
- Learn with simple steps, one step at a time, building your confidence, with Anna's proven easy-to-follow and fun game-based methodology.
- Understand financial statements and key financial metrics, budgeting and variance analysis.
- Practice in a safe and supportive environment (nobody learns to speak a language without actually speaking it). The key is to have support and plenty of practice.
- Tap into your infinite abilities to overcome any obstacles to learn and master anything you want.
- Learn specific areas of finance as they apply to your functional role.
So you can:
- Understand your organization's goals, initiatives and reasons for organizational changes announced by the leadership… and know how you can contribute instead of being overtaken by the stress of uncertainty.
- Present and support your ideas and recommendations with a financial rationale so you get a green light to have them implemented.
- Understand how you in your role contribute to the organization's goals and purpose.
- Identify red flags, risks and challenges and ways to solve them.
- See the impact of internal and external events to make sound business decisions and recommend creative solutions.
Get started with the pre-work and access to ask questions within 48 hours upon enrollment.
Space is limited.
- Game-based learning, hands-on practical activities, simulation-like exercises, and working through your real-life situations and examples so you can learn with ease, progress step-by-step, and learn by doing.
- Recorded modules
- Options: 1) Live virtual sessions 2) Live virtual Sessions + VIP in-person immersion day 3) 3 days in-person
- Small group on live calls so everyone gets Anna's personal attention
- Support via e-mail and in the online group
- 7 self-led modules you can study and practice with on your own schedule
- 7 live sessions with review of key concepts, practice interpreting and presenting financials, and Q&A. Replays will be available.
- Private online portal for Q&A and support.
- Recorded activations or meditations to elevate your confidence.
- Video lessons, workbook, worksheets, exercises
- The Interactive Business Game to help you master key concepts.
- The Inner Game Playbook - templates, tools, techniques, and activations to empower you to be confident and inspired to apply what you learn and express your ideas without holding back.
- Certificate of Completion: “Finance for Non-Financial Roles."
VIP In-person Immersion Option
In-person experiential and immersive capstone day to practice interpreting, speaking about and presenting financials in a safe and supportive environment. This is a critical part in leveling up your skills and confidence.
9:30 am to 4:30 pm in Lower Fairfield County, CT.
To sign up for the program with the VIP In-Person Immersion Option, choose Virtual + VIP below the "Add to Cart" button.
If you are interested in this program, email us email@example.com to get the dates of the next program.
Group discounts are available.
HRCI and SHRM Recertification credits are pending approval